Have you undergone conversion “therapy” from a licensed therapist? Here’s how to file a complaint.

posted in: Equality Blog | 0

Conversion/reparative “therapy” (sometimes called sexual orientation change efforts) has no evidence demonstrating effectiveness. On the other hand, we have plenty of evidence demonstrating its harmful impacts. All the major professional counseling and therapeutic organizations have condemned the practice.


One way we can demonstrate how harmful this therapy is in Ohio is to go through the proper channels to file a complaint.

If you have gone through conversion “therapy” in the last 8 years and want to file a complaint with the licensing board read on.

The first step is to fill out the form below.

Complaint/Investigation Form

For a complaint to be effectively investigated, it should not be anonymous and the complainant must be willing to cooperate.

  • Include copies of any documentation you feel is relevant to your complaint.
  • Complete and sign the release included. The release will allow the Board to speak to the licensee about your concerns and give the Board access to your client file, if applicable.
  • Include names, addresses and telephone numbers of any individuals who have knowledge of the situation. The Board may communicate via email whenever possible.

The completed form, along with the release of information (in the same file above), can be mailed to the address below.

Mail form to:

ATTN: Bill Hegarty
Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage & Family Therapist Board
77 South High Street, 24th Floor, Room 2468

Read complete instructions here.



Leave a Reply